Friday, March 21, 2008

But he was such a fungi

Wow have things change recently. Just when life is cruising you get a bee in the pants and decide you want to disrupt everything in your life and head in a new direction. After six long, hard, sometimes bitter, sometimes wonderful years at OTC I decided I couldnt take the attitudes of some anymore and felt it was time to leave for greener more educational pastures.

So I packed up the truck and became the new culinary arts and hospitality director for NorthWest Arkansas Community College in Bentonville Ar. Yes Bentonville, the Home of Wall Mart, Tyson foods, J B Hunt and a horad of other businesses. We also have the makers of Little Debbie cakes(mmmm peanut butter nutty bars), Pel Freeze rabbit products and those Ginsu knife people. In contrast to what you might think this area is actually very nice. Lots to do, new basball team ( sorry Cardinals but we are a Sprindale Naturals fan now), great shopping ( way too many shoes stores for Stacy and my budget), super restaurants and a wonderful state park system ( yes I love the outdoors).

Speaking of restaurants we have all of the super chains like PF Changs and Ruth Chris's as well as some nationally recognized independants like James at the Mill. Lets not forget Jim's Razorback Pizza which I have heard is pretty good. More on the food later.

Since my pals at the news leader felt I couldnt contibute to their paper anymore due to my change of operations, I plan on writing what I can here for now. i have already been told that their is writing to be done if I want but I would love to get unpacked first.

No comments: